|Eligibility criteria: Managing Mine Closure
- You are a national of an eligible country.
- You are a mid- to senior-level professional working in a mining, oil or gas policy, practice, research or reform role.
- You are currently employed in a mining, oil or gas ministry or other extractives-related government agency or civil society organisation. Candidates working for a private sector mining, oil or gas institution are not eligible to apply; private sector candidates outside these institutions are eligible to apply.
- You have a clear vision of how you will use the knowledge gained through the Short Course to improve mining, oil or gas policy, practice, research or reform in your home country.
- You must meet the age restriction requirements of your country.
- You must meet the work experience requirements of your country.
- You must be willing to make a formal commitment to return to your current employment following completion of the Short Course.
- As this course will be delivered in English, an appropriate level of language proficiency is required, such that Awardees will be able to participate fully and benefit from the course.
- You must meet the general minimum eligibility criteria outlined below.
- Female candidates and people with a disability are encouraged to apply.
|Support service options
- Special needs assistance as deemed appropriate on a case-by-case basis.
|General eligibility criteria for Short Course Applicants
|To be eligible for a Short Course, applicants must:
- have citizenship of and currently be living in the country of your nationality;
- not be married to/or be a de facto of, or engaged to be married to a person who holds or is eligible to hold Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent resident status;
- satisfy any specific criteria established by your country and/or government of citizenship;
- satisfy all requirements of the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) for a Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) student visa;
- satisfy any specific admission requirements of the institution at which the Short Course is to be undertaken; and
- hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
Applicants must inform the Australian Government of any connection or relationship to staff employed by the Australian Government or with the managing contractor at the time of application.
Download the course summary for details on course objectives, content and delivery: Course Summary: Managing Mine Closure