Participants who are looking at increasing their knowledge and skills in the ‘blue economy’ are encouraged to apply for the short course in ‘Ocean Management: Sustainable Fisheries and Governance.
The short course exposes those working in marine and fishery sector workers to knowledge on:
- managing fishery and aquaculture governance.
- addressing illegal, unreported and unregulated fishing.
- the economic benefits from domestic fisheries.
- foreign and high seas fisheries management.
- developing seafood enterprises and trade through export development and harmonised African fish trade.
Participants should have a bachelor’s degree and five years’ experience in a fishery or marine related area, in the government, private or non-government sectors. Where prior education is at a diploma level, applicants must indicate their “Master’s entry equivalent experience,” including additional relevant work experience or evidence of research. Click here for more information on the course outline.
- Read the short course eligibility criteria
- Download the application form
- Send completed form and the required support documents to
Applications close: 4 March 2019